Pixel Systems has an Enterprise Protected-Domain Name System Systems Engineer – Senior (Systems Engineer, Principal) you will provide systems engineering support for the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command Assistant Chief of Staff (ACofS), G-5 in support of the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Domain Name System Security Extensions, and Architectural Support Land Warrior Network (LandWarNet) for the Enterprise Protected-Domain Name System (EP-DNS) supporting classified and unclassified networks in the Army Enterprise. You will perform engineering, testing, and technical support in the implementation of the EP-DNS software applications and related hardware, technical integration, and capability management and prepare designs, drawings, and layouts working from engineering specifications using computer-aided drafting methods.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Patch and upgrade Oracle database and Solaris Operating System software for the U.S. Army’s EP-DNS.
- Create a shell, using Practical Extraction and Report Language (PERL) and Standard Query Language Plus, to automate data-gathering tasks.
- Install and configure enterprise-level Oracle database servers, Solaris-based domain name servers, and Java Runtime Environments.
- Performs modifications to the LandWarNet architecture design of the Army EP-DNS infrastructure and Internet domain name resolution/Internet Protocol (IP) schema.
- Monitor and audit the Army’s Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP address scheme across the LandWarNet.
- Write white papers, technical notes, test engineering reports, Engineering Considerations (EC), software maintenance updates (SMU), and ECPs.
- Provide technical support to Army customers, field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging EP-DNS hardware and software problems.
- Coordinate, test, and implement EP-DNS security upgrades and create software upgrades and implement software patches to the Sun Solaris 10/11 (OS), Oracle 10/11 DB, and DNS software.
- Research Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and vulnerabilities in Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) software.
- Perform security scans on EP-DNS servers using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) for UNIX and Oracle databases.
- Identify security impacts to the EP-DNS; and design, implement, and maintain the secured EP-DNS baseline.
- Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Senior System Engineer.
- BS degree is in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science.
- IT Level I and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in accordance with AR 25-2. Meet position (IAW DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 for IASAE II (CISSP or associate)
- Have working knowledge (e.g., Certification and/or experience) in the following: SUN Solaris 10/11 Operating System (OS) and Network Routing.
Pixel Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age.