Pixel Systems has an Army Golden Master (AGM) Systems Engineer – Senior (Systems Engineer, Principal) you will provide non-personal services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) and its subordinate commands. You will support the development, release and support for Army Golden Master (AGM) images which are the mandatory software baseline configuration for the Army utilizing enterprise-licensed software to Army IT organizations. You will provide technical assistance supporting computer systems installation, upgrade and maintenance of computer systems and peripherals within the US Army Enterprise Infrastructure.
You will also support the delivery of Microsoft (MS) software acquired under the Army’s MS Enterprise License-2 agreement (MS ELA-2) and other operating systems acquired under Army Enterprise licensing agreements and/or other Army- and DoD-licensed software applications, including information assurance software and systems management software.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Provide independent verification and validation support for the AGM release management for all operating systems.
- Test beta, release candidate, and final release builds to ensure proper functionality within a domain environment.
- The Contractor shall test AGM products against commonly used Army-approved applications and specific server roles.
- Provide AGM compliance review and testing of beta, release candidate, and final release builds.
- Review and verify security settings of AGM-supported operating systems based on DISA STIGs, United States Government Computer Baseline (USGCB), DOD Joint Services published guidance.
- Create and support AGM Group Policy Objects that meet AGM requirements for supported OSs.
- Provide Tier II support for the AGM Service Desk.
- Provide input to requirements and release testing of the AGM Update release and Annual Baseline builds.
- Provide Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA), security updates, and new application reviews. Analyze, diagnose and recommend solutions to complex systems problems and provide technical advice and assistance assigned projects and suggest efficient approaches and methods for solving problems to the COR.
- Prepare and maintain a lab environment that mirrors the Army production environment using the AGM configuration baselines.
- Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- BS degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field. Minimum of 4 - 6 years experience in IT.
- The positions are IT Level I in accordance with AR 25-2, requiring a Single Source Background Investigation (SSBI).
- The position is IASAE Level II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and requires the CISSP (or associate) IA Certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of project and configuration management, testing/integration, development, and user level support.
- Knowledge of current Army service management framework (e.g., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge and awareness of functionality and integration of Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications, operating systems used within the Army.
- Some examples of non-Microsoft applications include ActivIdentity Active Client, Axway Desktop Validator, and Silanis eSign.
- Experience with drafting Government-approved high-level policy, procedures, executive summaries, technical control documentation, and other documentation.
- Experience at the senior level in the development of computer security configuration/policies and the integration of applications (e.g., hardened baseline configurations).
- Knowledge of design, build, and maintenance of physical and virtual environments.
- Expertise to identify and evaluate new and emerging technologies, feature sets, applications, updates, and capabilities to allow effective integration into the enterprise infrastructure.
- Expertise to provide engineering, integration, and planning support to enterprise initiatives such as Active Directory Migration, Email Exchange, Enterprise Directory Services (EDS), Technical Authority (TA), development and management of the AGM images, and integration into the enterprise and LandWarNet IT Consolidated Services.
- Expertise to provide guidance in support of the AGM Program, Enterprise Software License Agreements, and Consolidated Buy Program.
- Expertise to develop and maintain the TA that identifies minimum hardware requirements, operating systems, and applications necessary to establish the baselines configuration for personal computing systems for use throughout the Army.
- Expertise to support the integration and implementation activities of Army initiatives such as, Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), and Common Access Card/Single Sign-On (CAC/SSO), Everything Over IP (EOIP), Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Enterprise Management, and Trusted Computing as related to mission requirements.
- Expertise to align the current and future technology services roadmap plan of NETCOM with the U.S. Army CIO vision, mission, core values, and a series of goals and initiatives with supporting objectives for delivering a Joint net-centric information enterprise that enables Warfighter decision superiority.
Pixel Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age