Pixel Systems has an Remedy ITSM Systems Engineer – Senior ( Systems Engineer , Principal ) for our direct client. You will provide non-personal services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), Assistant Chief of Staff (ACofS), G-5. You will provide engineering, test and evaluation, over-the-shoulder training, integration and sustainment support, configuration management, and life-cycle support of the Army Enterprise Service Management System (ESMS). You will provide subject matter expertise in the Remedy Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) capability including all core modules which are Service Desk, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, and Asset Management.
In support of the ITSM capability, you will provide expertise in the Remedy Service Level Management (SLM), Service Request Management (SRM), Remedy Analytics, and Remedy Knowledge Management (RKM) modules as well as BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM) Suite and BMC Remedy Analytics and Dashboards. You will also support the integration of information/data exchange of Army Land War Net (LWN) Network Operations (NetOps) Architecture (LNA) capabilities with the ESMS. This requirement is for the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF) environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain the secured ESMS baseline.
- Provide support for the implementation of the ESMS and data exchange with other NetOps tools as specified in the LNA SV-1 and in support of Global Information Grid (GIG) NetOps capabilities.
- Support the Storage Area Network (SAN)/Network Attached Storage (NAS) operations, Network Management and Operations, Network Performance Monitoring, and Service Desk.
- Provide Operational Engineering support to the Configuration Management (CM) processes in support of the CMDB/SO, Remedy Analytics, Remedy SLM, Remedy SRM, RKM, and BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM) Suite and BMC Remedy Analytics and Dashboards.
- Maintain standard baseline configuration within the OED lab throughout system lifecycle (all changes to the ESMS core architecture standard baseline configuration must go through the approved NETCOM Configuration Manager process).
- Initiate system Requests for Change (RFC) as necessary and support the CM processes and perform tests of proposed changes (such as patching), and develop and test release packages within 30 days of tasking.
- Provide support to operational organizations supporting RFCs and Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) compliance.
- Review and maintain system documentation, to include the System Design Plan (SDP) and implementation plans/procedures related to RFC actions required for systems administrators on all approved system configuration deviations.
- Provide engineering testing and validation.
- Coordinate, prepare, and deliver informal, over-the-shoulder training to the operational organization, support, and technical staff.
- Participate in technical document reviews of architectural analyses, configuration designs, engineering process submissions, operational and technical requirements, architectures, design criteria, functionality gaps, performance standards, and engineering concepts to support security, technical, and operational objectives.
- Assess architecture and current hardware limitations, define and design system specifications, and evaluate input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility in support of ESMS, Remedy Analytics, Remedy SLM, Remedy SRM, RKM and BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM) Suite and BMC Remedy Analytics and Dashboards capabilities, as well as other NetOps tools interfacing this capability.
- Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Senior System Engineer.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science is required.
- Equivalent experience may be accepted depending on resume.
- IT level I and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in accordance with AR 25-2.
- IAT Level II certified as specified in DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (Security+ CE, or GSEC, or SSCP IA Certifications).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with designing, deploying and supporting large scale BMC Remedy ITSM solutions.
- Have a working knowledge of Army IT Service Management processes (e.g. Asset and Change Management).
- Preferably certified in one or all of the following: BMC Certified Administrator, BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium CMDB, BMC Atrium Discovery, Dependency Mapping (ADDM) or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM).
Pixel Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age.